Friday, January 25, 2013

PPC 101 - Get out those Mists

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to my blog's newest followers - so glad to have you along!  I hope everyone has had a great week, and that wherever you are, you are keeping warm.  It is Friday (hooray!) and time for a new Playing in Paradise Challenge over at Scrapbooker's Paradise.  Before telling you all about the current challenge, I want to thank everyone who participated in our 100th challenge celebration.  I'm glad you could join us and I loved seeing all your wonderful creations!



This week, the talented Jessi is hosting and she would like to see you using some wonderful sparkly shimmery pearly sprays on your project.  As always, you can make whatever you like using any product you like so long as you follow the theme and create a new project that has not been previously posted.  And, as always, there is a fun prize up for grabs, so be sure to check out the challenge for all the details.

We recently went on vacation to Hawaii Island, so for my project this week I made a thank you card for my aunt-in-law who looked over our house while we were away.  Mahalo is Hawaiian for thank you.

I couldn't resist using the Tropicana line from Kaiser Craft once again - it is so gorgeous.

Supplies:

Paper - Kraft and black Bazzill, Tropicana DP by Kaiser Craft.  Edges were inked with vintage photo DI

Image - Tropicana stamp by Kaiser Craft stamped on 300g hot pressed watercolour paper and coloured with Distress inks (pumice stone, peacock feathers, stormy sky, walnut stain, antique linen, tumbled glass, peeled paint, forest moss, pine needles and black soot) and I made the water shimmery by adding some Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz in Royal Peacock Feathers to the ink before painting it on.  I think the sparkle shows up if you click on the photo to make it larger.

Other - Tropicana die cuts, Tropicana stickers (for the letters), MS punch around the page, pearls, sea shell buttons, fibers and Tim Holtz film strip ribbon

If you haven't been already, please pop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise Playing in Paradise challenge to check out the wonderful work the team has created this week.  Then get spritzing and link up your creations.  I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!

Before I go, I would love to share some photos of my favourite sights from our Hawaiian holiday:


At the volcano, the glow of lava lit up night sky. 



The amazing Akaka falls - the photo does no justice.



The gorgeous Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens had some breathtaking sights.


And no tropical vacation is complete without watching the sun fall behind the ocean.

If you are still here (and awake), thanks so much for popping in and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I appreciate each one and love having the chance to visit you too.

Hugs and Happy Crafting!

Dawn


15 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally beautiful, Dawn! I love that scene :) Fab embellishments too - the film strip & those little shells :) Love those!
And your pictures - the lava picture is simply amazing. It seriously seems to be moving, the lava's so vibrant!!

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawn. That is such a fabulous image and your colouring is so beautiful.
WOW! Your photos are amazing, it certainly looks like a lovely place to visit. I am glad you had a good time
Sue xx

fairyrocks said...

Beautiful card Dawn. Your Hawaii photos are stunning. Nice to have you back. Keep smiling and creating

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Dawn, love the style and image and incredibly amazing photos.... like a dream. .. xxx

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Dawn, I love the scene you created. Your aunt-in-law will love it. Your pictures of Hawaii are stunning, I nope I get to visit there one day :)

Donna Ellis said...

A dream vacation, Dawn! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you. A gorgeous card, and love the use of the coloring medium. Just a touch of pearls, so appropriate for the pacific. Such a pretty masterpiece! Thanks for the inspiration today! hugs, de

Linda Pekrul said...

Wow oh wow! Really LOVE your scene and the card you put it in! You do an incredible job colouring! Glad you had a good holiday. Awesome pics... love, love, all the lushness!

LauraVi said...

You created is a dream scene, like your vacation! It's a beautiful thank you card!

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful. Especially as I listen to the rain lashing on the windows :(

Susan xx

Beate said...

Hi Dawn! You created a gem of a card here! I love the adorable scene - makes me want to be at the beach - but also the wonderful embellis you used. Oh and I nearly forgot the awesome coloring on this card! Your photos look like you had wonderful holidays
Hugs
Bea

Doreen said...

Hi Dawn,

your card is amazing and the pics of your vacation are really stunning. Thanks for sharing
HUgs
Doreen xx

Heather said...

Such a wonderful card, your image is amazing and so beautifully coloured.
Your photographs are stunning what a wonderful holiday you must have had!!

hugs
Heather xx

Faye said...

Oh to be on that beach! I love your stylish card Dawn. X

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful card, I love the scene and the papers layout and texture are all wonderful. Your photo's are beautiful too
Lindsay xx

Helen said...

these are some amazing places. Hope to go there one day.