Friday, May 10, 2013

New Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well!  This week has been ridiculously busy, so I am just popping in really quickly to tell you about our new monthly Playing in Paradise Sketch Challenge!   Everyone is invited to play and you have until May 31 to enter.  I hope you will join in.

This month we are using Pam's sketch:


Pam went the extra mile and also provided some alternative ways to use the sketch for a card or double page layout:




I really liked the original sketch, so I challenged myself to make a card from it.  Here is what I came up with:


Supplies:

Lace - KaiserCraft
Sentiment - Hot Off the Press (Stamp and Punch set)
Other - champaign pearls, crinkle ribbon died with bundled sage DI, Doily, green ribbon from my stash

Please stop on over at the Playing in Paradise challenge to check out the beautiful creations the team has made.

Thanks so much for popping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I really appreciate them.  I am afraid I am horribly behind with visiting your blogs at the moment - I do apologize :(  I will start catching up as soon as I get a chance this evening and will try to get around to visiting everyone over the weekend.  

Hugs,

Dawn


19 comments:

Dean and Selena said...

Beautiful card dawn!

mixamatoasties said...

Oh I like that Dawn. Very very classy!

Susan x

Sue said...

This is stunning Dawn. Such a lovely way to use those gorgeous Graphic 45 Secret Garden papers. The colours are so soft and delicate and I love the way you have added the sentiment.
hugs Sue xx

Linda Pekrul said...

Don't you just LOVE Secret Garden? This is a STUNNER Dawn. You've done an absolutely BEAUTIFUL job. Just perfect!

I know what you mean about life getting crazy. I've had a big plumbing problem and a big fish tank problem all in the same week. Yikes. Things have settled down for me, hope they do for you too.

fairyrocks said...

Gorgeous work Dawn. I have this paper, in my 'hoard' and haven't cut into it yet. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep smiling and creating

Misty's said...

WOW, love the card you made, Dawn. Such a brilliant use of all elements. Loving all the sketches as well.
Michaela xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Dawn! It's good to visit your blog, as always. My first thought was "oh, that sketch is so complicated!" Then I saw the second and third sketches and smiled. Your card is BEAUTIFUL - Just love the softness, the Victorian feel, the botanical aspects - it is so pretty. I especially like the little "pearl trios" used as berries or flowers in the flourish. Beautiful card, and it has been pinned so I can see it over and over. hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}

Denise Price said...

I love how you used the panels from the Secret Garden paper to make your card! It's so very pretty.

Unknown said...

This is very nice and elegant. Love it. xx

Unknown said...

Superstylish card Dawn! Love your use of those fine papers and the pretty diecuts, real pretty! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

An Occasional Genius said...

I LOVE your card Dawn!! Absolutely stunning! Have a great weekend, hope you get some time for you soon xx

downrightcrafty said...

such a soft shabby chic feel and gorgeous card
Hugs Kate xx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card, so soft and pretty and your floral images are beautiful.
Pauline
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh wow this is absolutely stunning, love those secret garden papers and the layout, die cut's pearls, ribbon and lace are all so beautiful
Lindsay xx

~Tammy~ said...

Dawn, this is gorgeous! I love your approach to the sketch and your design elements are gorgeous!

Jessi Fogan said...

So gorgeous, Dawn!! I love the layered lace & ribbon - so soft, pretty, and feminine :) Fabulous take on the sketch!

Doreen said...

Simply stunning - so elegant
Love it Dawn
Hugs
Doreen xx

Unknown said...

Wow Dawn, this is stunning, I love the soft greens and shades of brown.. very elegant... the pearls are just the perfect touch xxx

cebelica said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Hugs! xx