Thursday, August 15, 2013

For the Boys

Hello everyone,

A new challenge starts today at Creatalicious and I am sad to say that this will be my last challenge on the design team.  I have had such a great time on the team and this was a very difficult decision.  However, life has gotten busier as of late and only promises to become even busier in the fall, so I had to make room for other commitments.

This time our theme is 'for the boys.'  Those masculine projects can be sooooo difficult, but we all need them from time to time, so hopefully you are inspired to join in.  We have a fantastic sponsor this month - Stamp Fairy will be providing a $10 gift certificate to one lucky winner.


My hubby is a big football fan, so I wanted to make him a card related to football and his favourite team (the 49ers).  I found this free cut file/pattern at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons that was just perfect.  I made my own logo to match the team's as closely as I could and on the flip side, put his number.  He loved it so much, I don't think I will ever have to make him another card - just change the number every year lol.  The best part is that my son was able to help me make it - he loves pressing the buttons on my cricut.

Here is the front:


And the back:


If you haven't already, pop over to Creatalicious to see the beautiful projects the team has made - they are sure to impress - and then come play with us :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I appreciate each one.

Hugs, Dawn

9 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Great card Dawn. I love the way you have made it so personal to your husband. Sad to hear your news re DT. I will miss your work. But want to wish you all the best for the future. Hugs Nina

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dawn, such a fabulous and unique design and it was nice that you son was able to help make it too.
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and fantastic card Dawn
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh Dawn, this is so neat! I love it :)
Making the decision to leave a team is so very hard - but of course 'real life' has to come first! I hope the busy stuff is all good :)
(BTW, your mail should get to you soon - the others I mailed the same day arrived!)

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Dawn, what an interesting card, great male card, and pleased your husband is thrilled with it, Kate x

Mary Lou said...

Wow this is truly wonderful Dawn~~EXCELLLENT JOB!!! Will miss you on the team but so understand life :) Always busy no matter what :) Enjoy and see you around blogland!!
Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful masculine football-fiend card, Dawn! :-) I like that it is your dh's favorite team. Such a great shape and all those special (un-frilly) details which make it the perfect guy card. Thank you for sharing your inspiration! hugs, de

Unknown said...

First of all so sorry for being MIA for quite some time Dawn, wasn't something I intended to, but it has been such a hectic time at work... Bad excuse, I know... Anyway, I'm glad to be able to visit again and I really love your latest creations, you have not only been active, but very creative, too! Lovely creations as usual! Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

This looks awesome! It's so hard to come up with good projects for men :) It was fun to read that your son got to help with this project too.


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty