Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Here Comes Santa!

Hello everyone,

Happy hump day :)  I hope your week is going well.  A new challenge started today (or yesterday depending where you live) at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I am a little late telling you about it (sorry!).  But not to worry, you have an entire month to join in :).  Our theme this month is Here Comes Santa!


I got this Santa ages ago and promptly stamped him on this shaped piece of watercolour paper, and then just as promptly forgot about him :(  I think he has been waiting to be coloured for a couple years - how time flies.  The Merry and tree dies on the other hand are new to my collection.  I love these dies :)  New stuff always seems to be so much 'funner' to play with!

We have a fabulous sponsor this month:  Funky kits will be providing one lucky winner with a super prize!


If you haven't already been, you'll want to stop by the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' blog to check out the beautiful cards the team made to inspire you.  Then come and play!  We'd love to see your Santa creations! 
It'll be Christmas before you know it!!

Supplies:

Image - Close to My Heart (it was from a monthly promotional set) stamped with black Stazon and coloured with Distress inks (black soot, vintage photo, tattered rose, fired brick, broken china) and skin tone watercolour pencil.  Liquid applique was applied to the beard and the white trim was made fluffier with sugar Sparkly Stuff.
Paper - 300g hot pressed watercolour paper, Bazzill card and the DP is Imaginisce Cottage Christmas
Other - hand stitching, Dazzling Diamonds on the Christmas Tree die by La-La Land Crafts and moonlight Smooch pearlized accent ink on the Merry die by Stampin' Up.

I would also like to enter this card in these fun challenges:

Alphabet Challenge - o is for one word sentiments
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - anything goes
Holly Jolly Christmas - Au Natural (include something from nature)

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I really appreciate each one :)

Hugs,

Dawn

11 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Cute Santa Claus. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy DT

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. I love the jolly Santa, your colouring is fabulous. The paper and die cuts look great too.
hugs Sue xx

Jessi Fogan said...

That Santa is adorable! And yep, new stuff is always funner :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

Love your take on the Santa theme Dawn. He looks a jolly fellow. Lovely card! Judy x

Hazel said...

Ho, ho, ho, what a jolly card - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for September. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT. Hope to see you again soon. x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Dawn! Your Santa was worth the wait! LOL Very cute colors and so festive. I'm sure that this question will embarrass myself. I've read your post 3 times and cannot see who made the new tree die you have. It's probably right in front of my face, and I'm looking so hard that I don't see the manufacturer's name! I really like that design, too, and would like to invest in it. Thanks for sharing your darling Christmas card! hugs, de

Linda Pekrul said...

Such a cute card Dawn! Love the white tree. I had to laugh when I read your comment about new stuff. :) It's so true! But I'm glad you dug out the Santa because he's so cute!

Unknown said...

You colour your images so beautifully Dawn, love how you did your Santa, it's a gorgeous card and perfect for Christmas with that nice tree! Hugs, ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Marie Bingaman said...

Santa is adorable!! LOVE that tree die too! :)

Gail said...

I adore this card. I think it's my favorite Santa card so far this year. The image is adorable, colored wonderfully, the layout is great, the papers are perfect. A wonderful Santa card! --Gail

Carol said...

A beautiful Christmas creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol GD x