Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All I Want for Christmas...

Hello everyone,

Happy hump day!  I hope your week is going well.  Have you started your Christmas cards yet?  It is hard to believe that it is already October.  Thanks to Christmas at Sweet Stampin' I already have a stack of Christmas cards prepared :)  A new challenge starts today, and it is a good one - a card for a male.  Eeeek!  We all have men in our lives who (even though they may not admit it) enjoy getting a hand made card, and if you're anything like me, you put off making them until the last possible minute.  They can be so tough!  So this month, we hope to help you to get those male cards done early.  The team has made some gorgeous cards to inspire you, so please do pop over and check them out.  Then come and play!

After much procrastinating, I finally opted to make a sappy card for my hubby.  He says he likes funny cards, but I think he will like this one too.


My card features the adorable Warm Winter Wishes by Sugar Nellie which I have framed with a gorgeous crocheted mat that my talented blog friend Jessi (One Crafty Mama) sent to me.  Thank you Jessi!!  Because it is black, it was really hard to photograph it in detail, but I attempted anyway:


It looks so gorgeous IRL.  If you pop over to Jessi's blog, you can find all the details for getting your very own mats.

Supplies:

Stamps - Warm Winter Wishes by Sugar Nellie, stamped on 300g hot pressed watercolour paper and coloured with Distress inks (black soot, tattered rose, faded jeans, broken china, wild honey) and embellished with polar white flower soft.  Sentiment is from the Christmas Messages set by Stampin' Up!
Paper - black and white card, DP is from Authentique, Journey collection
Other - Jessi's crocheted doily mat, Stampin' Up! Northern frost snowflake die inked with frosty ink for a little shimmer, ribbon from my stash, white lace stickles, Stampin' Up! marker and Copic glitter pen for colouring the sentiment, Magnolia vintage tag die

We have a fantastic sponsor again this month - My Mum's Craft Shop will be giving a £10 voucher to one lucky winner!!  


I would like to enter my card in these fun challenges:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - photo inspiration (I went with the colour)
Papertake Weekly - two by two
Simon Says Stamp - no digis/use rubber
ABC Challenge - W for words (add a sentiment)
The Sugar Bowl - anything Sugar Nellie goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I appreciate each one and will do my best to catch up with you as soon as possible.

Hugs and happy crafting,

Dawn




15 comments:

Gail said...

Sweet, sweet image. Love this card and the colors. I think blues are my favorite at Christmas time. These little penguins are cute as can be. I love this card and the furry looking edge on the hat and ground are awesome. Fabulous snowflakes. GREAT card for a guy!! --Gail

Sue said...

Awwwww such a delightful image Dawn and coloured so beautifully. The crochet looks stunning and I love the way you have overlapped the snowflakes
hugs Sue xx

Rachel said...

Soooo cute Dawn! I love your image choice and all those snowflakes!

Wedgie xxx

Hazel said...

Lovely entry for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. Challenge 6 on Crafting Musketeers is 'Christmas in October - it would be good to see this there as well, Hazel, Design Team Crafting Musketeers x

Craftdee said...

Gorgeous, Dawn. I love the image (it's lurking in my Christmas folder somewhere!) and your paper and embellie choices are fab too! Donna xx

Jessi Fogan said...

eek! You used one! And you made it SHINE just like I knew you would :) Thanks so much for the shout-out, Dawn!!
Love the Flower Soft fuzzies - so perfect - and awwwww on the sweetness for your hubby :) Mine would probably faint if I was that nice to him!

Donna Ellis said...

Dawn, this is darling! Love what you have done dimensionally - even your pretty background paper is dimensional! What darling cuddly sweetness in the image, and the sentiment is dear as can be! hugs, de

Inkypinkydelights said...

Fabulous card Dawn, I am sure this will put a smile on the recipient's face! Judy x

NGCARDS said...

This is a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn! These two sweet cuties are most adorable and I just LOVE your colouring with distress inks, absolutely stunning! I just want to cuddle them, the flower soft is superb! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Anet's Crafting said...

Ahh this is an adorable Christmas card Dawn, I love the cute image and beautiful background paper.

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh my gosh! Is there anything cuter than cuddling penguins!! I had to look up what you used to make the fluffy hat and snow - so effective! Jessie's mat is a perfect frame!

Melanie said...

A lovely Christmas card!

Hugs,
Melanie

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, the image is adorable and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Marilyn said...

Such a gorgeous card Dawn!